Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"I love the people here. They are sassy but special."




hi :)
The past few weeks were really good...but this week was a huge drop. Our baptism fell, and we did everything, absolutely everything we could. Sometimes the mission is very, very stressful and Satan works hard, especially when we are trying to do our absolute best. But I'm not losing my faith. There are still tons of miracles and blessings and Im still enjoying it a lot. 

However, there are cockroaches in our house sometimes....and I am immune to ants because they are everywhere.

You want to know something cool? My testimony and strength is growing. I feel like a protection or spiritual power. Especially by reading and studying and feasting on the Book of Mormon. I feel when I am in lessons, I know where scriptures are, and things come to my mind. The promises of God are real because He helps us grow and qualifies us.
How is everything going? What funny things happened this week? Do you miss my chocolate chip cookies on Sundays? Hee hee. I already told you this on skype, but I am using my talent of baking chocolate chip cookies on family nights with investigators and less active members. They love them!! In Costa Rica people don't eat treats like that. I am getting a little tired of eating rice every day.....its a lot of carbs for my stomach to handle. Sometimes they even serve a huge plate of rice with a huge plate of spaghetti. Double Trouble. Haha. Are you doing your exercises? 
It is amazing to be a missionary. I know you understand what a true struggle it is, but the blessings that I see in others makes it all worth it. I love the people here. They are sassy but special. The ticos really need to feel love and I am happy to give it to them.
Yesterday I took a looooong nap on p day. It was so nice and a great way to get back on my feet again. Today I am so ready!! :)


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know that those cockroaches did not get in the way of your wonderful adventure, which you have articulated ever so engagingly. Hindrances should indeed be done with the moment they stop appearing, without waiting for any of further inconveniences and what not. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Alta Peng @ Liberty Pest

    ReplyDelete