Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

"When we feel we are at the end of our rope that is the time that the Lord steps in and heals us and gives us success. At the last moment."


3/10/15

Hello!

This week was full of adventures, good and bad. It was sad because we lost some really special investigators for many different reasons. When this happens, it hurts a lot. But we have the faith that the Lord will put people in our path as we are diligent. 

We had an AMAZING I mean AMAZING meeting with a member from the Seventy, Elder Alonso, and President and Sister Wilkinson. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had here on my mission, and their instruction was very useful. 

During their teaching, I kept thinking that I KNOW that these men are called of God. And the promises they gave us as we applied these things are real promises from God. 

Our zone had the opportunity to sing the hymn I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go and I got to sing a little solo. I was nervous but I felt the Spirit help me. At the end, Elder Alonso gave us all a blessing as an Authority. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. When he spoke I literally felt peace enter into my heart. Some things that really impacted me is that we will be able to share our testimonies without anything holding us back, and that we will be able to express clearly and with power. He also added a special blessing for our families, that they will be healed and blessed physically and spiritually. 
At the meeting. They are incredible.

Hermana Acosta and I wrote a song about the mission for President and Sister Wilkinson. We were going to sing it for them there but they had to leave fast, so we will soon. :) But part of it is in English and part of it is in Spanish. We will try to record it so you can hear it. :)

Yesterday we had permission to go to a volcano yesterday for P day!!!!!!!!!! That was the best. We went with Masiel (we call her Massy) who is the relief society president. She is like our best friend. She is super fun and I can't even describe how cool she is. So we went to the volcano and talked and laughed and ate after.

Eating typical Costa Rican food.
Best Day Ever.


Now the crazy part. I have turned into a Latina. I am serious! When we were there I saw a bunch of people from the united states and it was so weird! I felt like it was familiar but at the same time weird. Because now I LIVE here and breathe here and buy food here and sleep here and speak in spanish everyday all day. I saw some gringos and started talking to them. They were visiting from texas and wow....i dont even know how to describe it. Hope this all made sense. Hahaha.

I really want to train! I hope someday I can even though it is HARD. The truth is sometimes I feel like Im training right now because my companion is newish and very emotional, like I was at the beginning. I think because I started my mission really hard, I am a lot stronger right now. I dont cry. i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but i think its good because i feel a lot stronger. But I am trying to be a good companion and i will always try to be a good companion. I dont know why the lettering is like this right now....i dont know how to take it offf...haha.

Going to see the volcano - ballet style.
 Ok, there! Well............I love you all lots and love, love your emails!! And pics and just everything. Have a wonderful week and don't forget to be strong and suffer afflictions with patience...and when we feel we are at the end of our rope that is the time that the Lord steps in and heals us and gives us success. At the last moment. That is something I have learned from President Wilkinson and the scriptures, and also personal experience. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinking our coconuts!
Look closely. this is a temple she drew, and a temple I drew.
I'm an artist.

This is beautiful Carmen. She is one of my investigators.
She taught me how to make arepas and she said,
"Take a picture to show your mom"!

p.s. my health is really good. :) Just so you know. And I have been given a lot of strength here because even though its tiring, it doesnt affect me much.


No comments:

Post a Comment