Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Wearing a mask around town. You gotta do what you gotta do."

Hello. :)))))))))))))))))))))))

This week was an adventure. Literally. 

I had divisions which is when we switch companions and work in another area for a day. I went to Belen (which is right by the temple) with Hermana Pizza, (which is a cool last name.) At one point we were outside the temple waiting for an investigator to arrive for a lesson, and then the wind started blowing with a whole lot of dust. We thought it was from construction or something like that, but then it got stronger and stronger and the air got thicker and thicker with a TON OF dust and grit. It started getting in our eyes and mouths and so we ran inside to get cover. It was because the volcano erupted! It was far away from us, but we felt all the ash blowing around. We couldnt go out for a while because it was pretty bad. Then I went to go take out my contacts because it HURT. And then we worked like normal. The next day, my lungs hurt from breathing it in. But Hermana A and I bought masks to wear. Hahaha! we looked like doctors walking around so that was funny. It felt super weird but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now everything is clear and good again but that was an adventure!!

One day this week I felt like a pioneer. You know why? Because one day ALL, I mean, ALL our appointments fell. So we walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked talking to everyone in our path and nothing was happening. I just want to thank you for praying for me because I really feel the prayers. Because even though we have moments super frustrating or stressful I feel a lot of strength to keep going. And we made it through the day and were able to visit a family at the very end of the day, and help an old lady carry her groceries and she called us her little angelitos that god sent her. :) 

MIRACLE of this week: Huge miracle. Ever since I arrived here in san rafael, we have been visiting a family from columbia. The mom is a member and her grandkids, but her daughter never got baptized.  She is the coolest person ever by the way. She has known about the church for 28 years and has never been baptized. She had a boyfriend who wasnt a good influence, she smoked a lot, and drank too. But then her son started inviting her to church, and she started coming every week. And then hermana A and I kept having her name come into our mind and we went to see how she was doing and how she felt in church. She told us that she felt really happy and that she quit smoking. One day she just said no more. and she never picked up another cigarette. Then she also stopped drinking and broke up with her boyfriend. And this sunday in the class she said that she wants to get baptized. That she feels like its the time. And she is getting baptized this saturday. It was amazing. 

I just want you all to know that I love you and thank you for all your prayers and love. Keep me updated!!!!!!!!! and sorry that I have been the worst at writing back! I promise you will be receiving better emails from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment