Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hola de Costa Rica!

Day 1 in Costa Rica: August 20, 2014

I just wanted to write you a quick email because I have just a few minutes. ;) I am safe and sound. I love Costa Rica. Its been a rough beginning because as you know, I lost my suitcase. :( Im so sorry!!! That was horrible and I hope you are not freaking out. I am just so sorry. I have pretty much nothing because all my books were in there, as well as all my contacts, glasses, and medicine. I feel so bad for being a nuisance and I hope everything will be okay.

This is crazy. Costa rica is beautiful. I love my mission president and wife. i just got my trainer today. she is an angel. Ella es una tica. She doesn't speak any English, but she is very sweet and patient and on the bus ride she said to me in English: " I love you."

right now i am at a members house. her name is hermana angie. i understand a little bit and i am forced to speak totally in spanish . but i really love it. i{ve already had some amazing experiences that i cant wait to share with you on my p day.

i am assigned to an area called florencia. it is beautiful and higher in the mountains. we live in a chapel where our branch meets. but it is sooooooooooo run down. it is dirty and disorganized and there are bugs everywhere. the elders before us left it in shambles. we are planning to clean it tomorrow.

it is very very different here but I honestly love it here. we were in san jose for two days and i got to go with and to teach a family. It was incredible. the people here are sooooo nice. they are angels. this morning on our way to the presidents house i contacted two people on the bus and they were so nice to me. here when you meet people, they kiss you on the cheek and i love it. ahora, soy tica.

thank you for your prayers. even though there have been some ups and downs, i love being a missionary. please continue to pray for me and i will always continue to pray for you. i cant wait to tell you more about everything on my p day. love you soooooooooooooooooo much mom. and tell daddy and clarky i love them too. the keyboards here are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment