Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Shell-shocked.


HI YALL!!!
I am so excited for your home campout you are going to have!! Make sure to send some pics if you can!!! :)
There's a lot of things to say. We had some crazy fun times this week. We had a big talent show in the stake, and our zone did a silent musical. I was on divisions so I wasn't there when they did the practice, so they made me a rock. And then I got updated to tree number 2. I was a tree in the Sacred Grove so I appreciated that. I was joking around beforehand saying that I have prepared my whole life for this moment and I was so nervous. Hahaha!

 And we also sang and I got the chills the whole time and just felt so happy and grateful to be with these missionaries. Also, I accidently stole an elders plaque and put it on because we were scrambling because in the skit we didnt have them. Long story short, I was an elder for approximately 5 mins.  And then my companion signed me up to sing with my uke and I sang the song that Hermana Acosta and I wrote about missionary work. And she told me I had a shell shocked look on my face because I didn't realize there was so many people! But it was really fun. I have videos of both these things but I cant send them right now. After my mission you can see them!
We went on divisions and I went back to San Carlos....my first area. Well not exactly but really close. It was so weird to be back there. I felt this weird feeling in my stomach to be there again. It was like all the memories from starting my mission flashed before my eyes. But it was great. :) 

We had to go on emergency divisions because some hermanas were having a hard time and really discouraged. When I got there, the hermana I was with was really sad and I was praying to know what I could say or do to help her. We ended up having a really amazing talk and we both felt a lot of peace. And then we WENT TO WORK! We talked to everyone in our path and invited people to be baptized and the Lord blessed us with a ton of new investigators that day. 
At the end, she was so happy and we could see the hope. 

Do you remember that talk the 4th Missionary? I read it again recently and I want to be like that - just to be able to give everything to God. You have to give up everything, all your fears, or weaknesses and just say...I'm weak but with Thee I can do it. I truly love being a missionary. Its the best shaping experience for my life.
Welp, one thing I am definitely learning is patience because we are working so hard with an amazing family and they were so excited for their baptism and then all of a sudden they said that they dont want to. :( So we are going to work really really hard this week to help them. I know the Lord will work everything out. I trust Him. 
Other than that, I am well. And happy. Thank you for everything. I love you with all my heart. And even though life can be so stressful, just give everything to God and He makes us strong. You all are the best...
Talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment