Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"We have trials to refine us. Anything worthwhile is hard."


Hi!!!

I want to thank you so much for your words of encouragment and love and concern. I want to calm your fears and tell you that I am doing so much better. First of all, my hands are looking a lot better. It is on both hands, but one is darker than the other. It is healing, and I dont have any pain and I am in San Jose and have an appointment tomorrow. So dont worry okay? The nurses looked at it and they said that it is not Lyme disease and probably just stress, allergy, or something like that. And I really have no pain so it is fine. ;) 

 We had a big meeting with President Wilkinson and he gave us the best talk. Everything he said calmed my fears and these feelings really are normal for new missionaries. 

My language is actually good, I just was letting Satan tell me I couldn't do it. I can understand a ton of things and especially in lessons, I understand my investigators and what is said. My family in Costa talked to me last night and told me that I just need to believe in myself more, that I don't have to be perfect, and that when I talk, people really listen. I think one of my biggest problems was that I was trying to be perfect. I care about people so much that I wanted to say and do the perfect thing, so I let my fear hold me back. But I just need to chill. 

And I feel the Spirit so much today. I can do this, because I was called of God. I truly feel so much better. Thank you for the prayers because honestly they help and I felt something lift off my shoulders. The most important thing about serving a misiĆ³n is helping others and dedicating your life to God.

I love you!! Forever and ever. I love being a missionary and I love Costa Rica. The end. :) And the Lord really does give us trials to refine us. Anything worthwhile is hard. There are miracles here. We have a wedding in two weeks by the way!! And a baptism too! There are the best moments here! I love laughing with people and serving! You would not believe the things I have seen here. I would not trade it for the world.


[Erika saw the Dr. today and he said it is an allergic reaction to something. She will continue to heal over time and be good as new very soon. Prayer works!]

No comments:

Post a Comment