Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Monday, October 27, 2014

"I forgot what I learned how to cook."


I'm going to print out your letters from today because they made me so happy and I felt so much love! :) Thank you for always lifting me up and keeping me so well informed too. It just filled up my heart. I miss you so much. You have no idea. But like you said, I know that for right now this is where I need to be. The time passes so fast dont you think? I have already been here for 3 months and the time keeps flying. Im so glad you got to spend some quality time with mom talking and laughing. I have had an incredible example of love from my parents, and for that I am so grateful. I hope one my day my husband will love me as much as you love mom, dad! :) Im also happy that you have been able to turn to prayer. Honestly, I have never prayed so much! My companion makes fun of me and tells me Heavenly Father is sick of hearing me talk because my night prayers are forever long. But I know it works. And I know that he makes us into the people He knows we can become.

The weather here is one thing: HOT. Pococi is really hot an humid. And then it rains like craaaazy! But I love the storms. How are those beautiful utah mountains? A lot of people ask me what it is like in Utah and I tell them that we have huge gorgeous mountains and the weather always changes. And there is lots of snow in the winter. 

 I had a little problem with my eye this week. I woke up and it was sealed shut, and then I couldnt open it for almost the whole day. It hurt so much in the sun and it was tiny and red. But we got some eyedrops and now my eye is perfectly fine. God really, really takes care of us. He takes care of His missionaries. 

So, your questions about Christmas. I would say some fun colored paper because we really like to make missionary agendas and its fun. Some fun earrings that are studs or not too long would be nice. I didnt bring a lot of options. My watch broke, so maybe a nice little cheap watch with numbers on it. Some more hair product for my frizz. Some american food. Peanut butter again, mac and cheese, maybe a few easy recipes because I forgot what I knew how to cook. Haha. Just anything. I dont mind. Thank you! Also, I hope that we have a chance to go to san jose because I want to get you all something very tico for christmas. So cross your fingers!!! :) 

We had changes yesterday but Im not getting changed. I am staying here in Pococi with Hermana Bram. Im really happy about that because it feels like the right place for us to be, and there is still a lot of work to do, and I still have a lot to learn. Plus I love the members here. We had a ward activity that we planned on saturday and it was a success! We played a bunch of games and had a lot of investigators there too. For each game, afterward we applied it to the gospel and it was really fun.

Other than that, we are ready for a full week of work and love. Im starting to feel better and a little more confident, and talking more. I have a lot of good friends here that I love.

Thank you for what you said about confidence. And I love what you said that God wont let us fail. He really wont. I have seen it over and over again, even when we are imperfect people. Don't give up or get discouraged.  I love you FOREVER. 

Sorry I dont have pictures but I am going to buy a camera or try to have mine fixed today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment