Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"This place rocks. I love seeing how people change."


I am so happy to hear from you!  I GOT YOUR PACKAGE, Kel!!! And I loved it!!! It was just what I needed to bring me sunshine. Thanks for being the best sister ever and not forgetting about me. :)) Also guess what? I ate the gum in like a week.........thats my life. My companion literally thinks Im addicted. And maybe I am....haha. NICE story bin with the numbers on the watch......hahaha!  P days go by so fast. Today we had a really fun P day with the whole zone. We played soccer and ate arroz con pollo and it was the best. I am planning on sending a really cool package for christmas so look for it!!! 

Love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like your halloween was the best ever. I laughed out loud at your pictures, Mom!!! And the lobster bisque guy was perfect! 

I know what you mean when you say the week is a blur. I feel like that every week. HOW CRAZY!! Pococi is great. I love my zone and I love my ward. We have a ton of help and support from the members which is awesome. Right now we have some amazing investigators.

We are teaching a lovely sweet woman, named Kyla. She is 20 years old and has two kids. We have visited with her two times and both times were super excellent. She is very receptive and wants her children to grow up in the gospel. The only thing is that she is living with someone right now and they need to get married before she can be baptized. We haven't been able to meet her boyfriend yet, but we are praying really hard to be able to teach him too so they can get married and have the same goals.

We also have a family that is going to get married on the 15th! He is a member and she and her daughter are not. But she is also 9 months pregnant but wants to get baptized and married before her baby is born on the 22nd. Kind of crazy but possible! Also we have an 18 year old named Paula. Her boyfriend is on a mission and she has the goal to get married in the temple with him when he returns. So she is getting baptized!! Whoooooo! This place rocks. 

I am learning a ton here. A mission has brought out every single flaw and weakness that I have and up to this point, I have been so focused on the things that go wrong or how hard it is or how Im feeling and MY comfort and have had moments of hard anxiety. Its kind of intense sometimes. In those moments I have seen that I have been so self centered, when really this mission is completely for God and to focus completely outward like the Savior would. A mission is about truly letting yourself go and thinking completely about others, Its a little hard to explain but I am truly learning how to not be such a perfectionist and see the positive in absolutely everything, see the best in my companion, see the best in everything. The time fliiiiiiiiies. And this is just a time to completely be dedicated to the Lord. 

I love you and I love this gospel. Keep doing so much good and know that this gospel truly changes lives and its a gospel of peace and happiness. I love seeing how people change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment