Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"She can't do anything because she's Gringa!"






Four months on THE Mission!

Hola todos :)) How is everyone doing? Are you excited for the holiday season? People have already started putting up Christmas decorations here and a huge tree in the park and everything! I cant believe its almost here. The time really does fly! Where does the time go? (I sound a little like a granny but its true. :)

Today I am really really happy. This week was a great week and the Lord is always blessing us and helping us endure. We are continuing to work with J and K and B. They are going to get married this weekend and right after, K and B are going to be baptized. :) They are such cool people. They are really humble and live in this teeny house, but they are so nice to us and receptive. We always like to mess around with them. She is the one that is 9 months pregnant. Its kind of crazy, but possible. We have been trying to convince them to name her ¨Yerika¨ because its the name of Hermana B and I. They actually like it! Haha I really hope they name her that. Thats on my bucket list as of now. Today after we write, we are going to make cupcakes to sell for their wedding. 

M is doing so well! I always admire her so much because she is an example to her family, and strong through everything. Ever since her baptism, she has come to church every single sunday. We see her everyday and always have so much fun. Everybody asks why our nails are always cool and painted, and we just say....M. She is our best friend and I am going to miss her like crazy when we leave this area. Maybe I just wont leave. That would be the best. 

Hermana B and I are continuing to have adventures. We have this joke that I cant do anything because Im gringa. (Cookin? Dont even ask.) Yesterday we were with Faride and Cellso (Our neighbors) and they asked me to make tortillas with cheese. Really simple right? And Faride was trying to explain it to me how to make them and I told her that I know how to do it but they had their doubts. So I was a little jokingly mad, and I had to wash the thingy to cook with but I couldnt disconnect it, so I pulled really hard and knocked down a huge thing of rice alllllll over the floor! They laughed and laughed and then said SHE CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE SHES GRINGA! It was so funny. Oh wow. 

This week was stake conference and we had 8 invesigators come to church! It was the best!! Also we sang in choir. I love singing in church here because people SING their hearts out. This morning for P day we played soccer with the elders and it was so funny. Then we did a bunch of cartwheels and drank coke. haha. :) 

I know the Lord answers our prayers and in mysterious ways. We just need to look for the blessings and see the positive in everything because its everywhere. The people here are amazing. I wish you could meet them all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment