Extra Stuff

Click here to view my profile on mormon.org.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Yendry and Erika = Yerika

Saludos de COSTA! 

Im here sweating my little face off. :) Its so hot!  But I like it. My friends have been sending me pictures of the snowy utah mountains and I forgot that its snowy and cold! :) Its completely opposite here. Its green and there are palm trees everywhere and mosquitos still eating me alive at night. But dont worry Mom, I wear repellent. Another random thing that made me smile this week was we were waiting for the bus and there was this groovy salsa music playing. (There is always bachata or salsa playing in the street in el centro) Then I looked across the street and some people gathering together to dance. They were so good! And I was so tempted to just go DANCE!  But it made my whole day to hear and watch street salsa.

BTW, My new email day is Tuesday - But my P-Days are still on Mondays.

Anywho, this week was real nice. We had an AWESOME multi zone conference with president wilkinson and wow....the spirit was so strong and I learned so much. I just felt like jumping out of my seat and putting everything into practice. He taught us how to teach better and emphasized really strongly that teaching is not talking. Its truly listening and discerning and asking inspired questions. And another thing is to simplify. Even teaching simply that God is a loving father in heaven and thats all is more than enough if they feel the spirit testify of truth. I love our president and this mission. Every day I wake up grateful to be here.


I have a confession. I am crazy in my sleep. My poor mom, Hermana B, wakes up every night to my wild things I do. She told me the other night that I said (In spanish always) Im going to sing you a song. Its called: Te quiero. And then I started singing super loud TE QUIEROOOO TE QUIEROOO! And then after I said. Did you like my song? I wrote it for you. Te quiero mucho. And then I woke up to her saying: Hermana. Now is not the time to be singing. And I said, okay. And then we both went back to sleep. But its every night!! Hahaha. 

We have the best ward in the entire world. They always feed us and mess around with us and our bishop is crazy and amazing. We call him obipo (instead of obispo) and we are planning on taking a selfie with himtomorrow. We are so lucky. Also Hermana B and I have been assigned to be in charge of the retention for the zone. So we call everyone in the zone to see how the recent converts are doing and if they are coming to church. And we also work muy fuerte with the recent converts and less active members.

This week we had a miracle. We are good friends with a less active member, C. We have been talking to him and he went to church again for the first time in 4 years and we are planning on helping him get married because he has a girlfriend. And also we were messing around with him and took out his earring and Hermana Bram is wearing it right this second. Haha! But its a miracle! 

K hasn't had her baby yet, but we are hoping today! Did I already tell you that they are naming their baby Yerika? It is a mix of my name and hna B's name. Yendry and Erika. Yerika. At first we were just messing with them that they should name the baby Yerika, but they are serious! And its so sweet! Im so happy. She told us she is going to call us as soon as she has her. :)



The pictures of max are priceless. And I like what you did to my room!  Its weird to see my room have a boyish twist but it rocks. It's perfect for Maxwell while they are in Tonga. I wish I could hold him! When Kelly and Mark skype, what does he do? 

Also your poor eyes Mom! Please try not to strain them and rest them because Im worried. Ill be praying! And for grandmama and Grammy as well. And youre not going to continue driving right? You're such a strong person. I love you soooo much.

Yes I am still playing my uke a lot! I play for almost every baptism and wedding. :) Its really fun and Im happy to do it. YES I GOT ALL THE LETTERS! I was going to tell you. I loved it so much. Thank you to everyone.

Been wearing my glasses lately
 because I have a little eye infection..
But don't worry, Mom! I have eye drops.


Well, I love you all so much and thank you for everything always. I pray for you everyday and I love hearing about everything. And all the pictures too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment